Saturday, July 10, 2010

I can almost smell it...

Home is all of 82 days away! WOW! Life in Hawaii is almost over for good and I can't believe it. I was telling Payton yesterday that there really will be a few things I miss about Hawaii. Yeah I know, I always say how much I hate it and I do, but there are a few things that are pretty nice.

1. The pool. We have a really nice pool here in our apartment complex and I will miss that. I have wanted a pool my entire life and so now I feel like I finally have one lol Even if I do get one in Indiana someday I won't be able to use it after Thanksgiving dinner like we did this year :-P

2. The beach. I am starting to get brave and actually get in the water a little bit. I am falling in love with the ocean and I will miss it. I love how perfectly blue and clear the water is here. I've never seen colors like this before. The cruise we took last weekend was amazing and I will never forget it. Yes, there are lakes and beaches in Indiana, but they dont even begin to compare. I'm not too sure how well I will be able to adapt to getting back into the greenness that is Salamonie after all this time in the clear blue of Hawaii. lol We may be making some extra trips up to the Dunes to satisfy my need for clear water :-P

3. The Weather...kind of. Ok I miss my change of seasons, I really do. I LOVE fall and the coolness of the air combined with the smell of the leaves. I'm not gonna lie though, it's kinda nice knowing that pretty much all year round I can throw on some shorts and a t-shirt and be just fine. I miss the snow, but at the same time as I write this I am kinda dreading it lol I've been here too long I think!

4. The landscape. I love love love mountains and Palm trees. Combine that with the Ocean and wow. This place (in most parts) is just gorgeous and I will miss seeing the mountains.

Now, all that said I do not want to stay here. I don't want to come back, and I don't want to be here any longer than I have to! Those things I like do not begin to take the place of my family, friends, and church. I feel like our life is on hold right now. We're going through each day just getting by until we can get to where we're supposed to be. I want to get settled in at home surrounded by those we love and start the life we're meant to live. Don't get me wrong, I know we're supposed to be where we are right now. Payton was supposed to join the Army and I don't resent that one bit. What I'm saying is that's not what he/we are meant to do with our lives. That's a chapter in our story, but it's more like the "Preface" and Chapter one is waiting at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment