"...make lemonade!" Well sorry but I think with the lemons I've been handed that would be some sour lemonade! I guess I shouldn't say that. Things could be a whole lot worse...
Payton and I were in a wreck a couple days ago. Thankfully we weren't injured, but our car was :( It's drivable and seems to have no mechanical damage, but it will have to have repairs done for sure. Even though it was fairly minor, I had never been in an accident before so I was pretty shaken up for the rest of the day/night. I called my Dad to get some advice about what exactly we needed to do and I was hit with some more bad news. First, he told me that some family down in Mississippi had also been in an accident. Fortunately, they were not seriously hurt but their car was totaled. Then came the worst news. My Mamaw was not doing well and she may not make it even a few more days. It was just a BAD day all around. Needless to say I spent the rest of that evening in a daze. Sometimes crying, sometimes angry, and sometimes just spaced out.
There are some fairly good updates to report though. Although we have great insurance, we'd still have to pay the $500 deductible and also for a rental while our car gets fixed. Well our insurance company believes 100% that the other guy was at fault (and he was) so they are doing all they can to get his insurance to pay for our damages. If that all works out we will only have to pay for a rental for a few days! Yay!
Also, my Mamaw is still hanging on. The new Pacemaker was supposed to be put in today, but her blood is still too thin. They will be checking again tomorrow morning so hopefully by then she will be good to go. She seems to be doing a little better, but her oxygen level is still very low.
Thats about it for now. Life is just a little to stressful at this point for my taste....but home is just around the corner :)
Mamaw's oxygen level has been doing better & she seems to be breathing easier.
ReplyDeleteRemember: Life may be sour at times, but what Jesus did for us on the cross sweetens the whole deal.
~ Mom