Thursday, June 24, 2010
I'm back
A few months back I started this blog with the idea that I could keep family and friends up-to-date on Payton and I's lives. I also thought it would be a great way to give me something to do and keep busy since I spend most of my time at home all day. I typed out a fairly long blog giving details about our first few months in Hawaii, our apartment, car, and church. It was just a plain and simple blog telling friends and family what was going on in our life. Harmless, right? Yeah not so much. Someone took offense to me saying that God provided something for us simply because that person had a hand in helping us and they believed we owed ALL the credit to them. According to them, God had NOTHING to do with it. Drama just exploded from there and I made the decision to not blog anymore because I didn't want to deal with the drama. Now, months later I've done some thinking. Why because of issues from one person should I have to stop my blog? And also, why should I not be able to give God the credit he deserves? Doesn't he tell us in the Bible that we will face persecution because of our Faith and that our Faith will be tested? He also tells us that if we deny Him to others, He will deny us. Even though I didn't deny God, I began to think that stopping my blog because of that comment was in a way saying that I won't publicly thank God just because drama may start. Well I am not OK with that. All that to say, I will be blogging and chances are many of them will in some way make reference to God. If God deserves my praise (and He does) then I'll say it. If I see Him working in my life, I'll say that too. If I have a verse on my mind, I'll put it in my blog. That's just how it's going to be. I'm not saying this will be a preachy devotional that's going to make everyone feel like crap about themselves. I plan to write about anything and everything. I'll write about funny things that happen, our progress on moving home and getting settled in when we get there. What I am saying is that this blog will be about Payton and I's lives and God is a big part of that. So anyways, when I update I'll let you know!:)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment