Thursday, June 24, 2010

Life Right Now

Second post in a matter of minutes...haha sorry. I just felt like my first post needed to be said so now it's on to simply filling you in on life :)
As hard as it is to believe, Payton and I will be celebrating our 1st Anniversary on Sunday!! Which also means two days later marks one year since I have been in Hawaii! Where did the time go? Everything in my life changed in such a short amount of time. I left the town, the church, the people that I had been with for 22 years of my life and moved clear across the country with my new husband. Talk about an adjustment! It wasn't easy at first. I was miserable in Hawaii. I missed everything about home, hated the Army and Hawaii, and wasn't enjoying the trials that came with living on our own and paying bills. The only good thing going for me was the amazing husband that I had by my side (well when the Army allowed him to be there lol) Now nearly a year later everything is different once again. We have a wonderful apartment, a GREAT car, money to pay the bills, and I even have some friends. I've adjusted (somewhat) to the differences between Hawaii and Indiana....and I will actually miss one or two things about Hawaii. Seriously though, not enough things to make me want to come back. :) EVER.

So what are we doing now? Well we are in the beginning stages of moving back home!! We have exactly 3 months and 6 days left here in Hawaii, then we will be on our way back to where our hearts and minds have been this whole time! No more Hawaii. No more Army. No more missing big events and holidays back home. No more having to ask my parents to send me the bagels I love because they don't sell them here. lol BUT that also means no more guaranteed pay check from the Army...yikes. So needless to say the job hunt for me has begun. Any of you back home who hear of something (Accounting related preferably) please let me know! Right now there doesn't seem to be much open, at least not that I can find on the internet. Payton practically has a job lined up for when we get home thanks to a friend of his and we thank God for that! Otherwise we might be a little bit panicky. We are blessed to be able to live in my Mamaw's empty house when we move back, so again we thank God for providing that as well!

The big question with newlyweds (especially when you hit that first year mark) is when are we having babies?? haha The plan is to wait until we are settled in back home and have at least one pay check coming in. Now, God may have other plans but we pray that isn't the case :) Although we will be getting some type of "fur-baby" when we get back because I miss my animals SO much!!

I think that's all for now. I'm sure I have bored you enough already :) Hope you are all having a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment